The Black Hand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Promotion Ideas

5 posters

Go down

Promotion Ideas Empty Promotion Ideas

Post  Prad'ale'kleoni Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Hey everybody,

So now that we have an elaborate structure in place, the Boss Lady and I were thinking that it would be a good idea to have a system for promotion in place. That way things stay fair and it's clear what members need to do in order to get promoted.

For right now, since most of our members are new to the guild and are "potentials", I think we'll worry just about how you can all get from "potential" to one of the the member ranks: Claw, Talon, or Hand based on your combat roles.

Alright, so my first thoughts are that in order to move past the rank of potential, a guild member will have to accomplish 10 of these types of tasks to benefit the guild:
-Complete a Bounty Board mission and submit a "Bounty Debriefing Report" on this forum
-Complete an Operation Board mission and submit an "Operations Debriefing Report" on this forum
-Conduct a RP Flashpoint with other members of the Black Hand and submit an "Operations Debriefing Report" on this forum
-Assist a fellow member of the Black Hand with Story or Group missions and submit an "Operations Debriefing Report" on this forum
-Assist a fellow member of the Black Hand with Heroic missions and submit an "Operations Debriefing Report" on this forum
-Donate at least 5,000 credits to the Guild Bank fund or deposit it in the Guild Bank and complete a "Guild Bank Deposit Slip" on this forum
-Donate a crafted or looted item to the Guild Bank and complete a "Guild Bank Deposit Slip" on this forum
-Donate crafting materials to the Guild Bank and complete a "Guild Bank Deposit Slip" on this forum
-Donate crafting schematics to the Guild Bank and complete a "Guild Bank Deposit Slip" on this forum

You need to accomplish 10 tasks from this list to be promoted, however, they could all be from the same category. If you really like crafting and make 10 items to put in the Guild Bank, you'll get promoted. If you really like working with other people in the Guild, document when you work with someone and submit a report on here. You can mix-and-match any of these items to get your 10 for promotion.

All of the submissions on here may seem a bit tedious, but the biggest reason why we'll need them is for accountability on the officer's end. This promotion system needs to be fair, and if all your actions are documented on this website, you'll be able to hold us accountable for promoting you. Plus, this system will get you acquainted with the forum and will hopefully lead to us using it more for OOC and IC purposes.

If you have any ideas for things that should be added to this list, just let me know.

Thanks everyone,
Mike
Prad'ale'kleoni
Prad'ale'kleoni

Back to top Go down

Promotion Ideas Empty Monetary Donation Amounts

Post  Prad'ale'kleoni Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Hey everyone,

After mulling it over with N'kita, we figured that there needs to be a set amount that you are required to donate to qualify for one of your 10 promotion points. The idea that we came up with to keep it fair is that each player will take their level and multiply it by 1000 for a qualifying donation. For example, if you're a level 12 character you have to pay 12,000 credits for it to qualify as a promotion point. If you are a level 50, then your have to pay 50,000 to get a promotion point. We thought this was fair due to the inflation that seems to happen as your characters progress.

Again, looking for all of your thoughts on this system and input before we solidify the process, but we'd like to get it going soon so you can get working on promotions.

Thanks,
Mike
Prad'ale'kleoni
Prad'ale'kleoni

Back to top Go down

Promotion Ideas Empty Re: Promotion Ideas

Post  siwari Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:58 pm

The system seems fair enough and very simple. Simple in this case of course is very good. I've been in a few guilds where there were pages of requirements before you could go up a single rank. The only thing though is that it might be a little much for a level 12 character to pay 12,000 credits and still have enough to support his/herself. So perhaps up to a certain level it could only be your level times 500 then once you pass this certain level it switches over to times 1000. I am not sure what level this switch over would occur but if my variation of your idea is accepted I'm sure you could come up with a reasonable switching point.

siwari

Back to top Go down

Post  Baryn_Cairn Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Looks good to me.
Baryn_Cairn
Baryn_Cairn

Back to top Go down

Post  Tophia Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:31 pm

It would be around lvl 25 or 26 thats when credits inflate up alot I love the idea's though and think we should implement them.
Tophia
Tophia
Admin

https://theblackhandguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamir Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:51 pm

I really like the idea of actually submitting real reports to the forum. Not only does it show a seriousness on the RPer's part, but it also exercises the creative muscles and will give a really good idea of the character's 'inside' voice, as it were.
Jamir
Jamir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Promotion Ideas Empty Character Dossiers

Post  Prad'ale'kleoni Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:55 pm

Hey everybody,

Quinn and I were talking the other day and thought that it would be really cool if everyone created at least a short character bio (dossier) on their characters. That way everyone could know a little about your character's backstory, personality, and motivations. We get a little of this through RP in cantinas or during meetings, but most of the time not everyone is there.

Writing a dossier on them would let everyone know about your character and allows you to flesh them out a bit more. Plus, we'd like to think up RP missions or scenarios based on your character's story to expand on them. For example, Dalek tracked down an Exchange hit man (elite character on Nar Shaddaa) that killed his former girlfriend and they tracked him down together to return the favor. It was really fun to RP that and made our characters seem deeper. This game can get stale, but I think expanding your characters and their story like this is a good way to give it more life.

Also, we'll count a dossier as a point toward promotion. Don't worry about totally fleshing out your characters in these dossiers, just get down as much backstory as you've thought up and share it with us all so we know it and can RP based on it.

Prad'ale'kleoni
Prad'ale'kleoni

Back to top Go down

Promotion Ideas Empty Guild Bank Item Donations

Post  Prad'ale'kleoni Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:19 am

Here's what I was thinking for donations to the Guild Bank and how many promotion points they will each be worth:

-One orange item: 1 promotion point
-Two purple items: 1 promotion point
-5 Blue Items: 1 promotion point
-3x99 Green Crafting Components: 1 point
-25 Blue Crafting Components: 1 point
-10 Purple Crafting Components: 1 point

Let me know if that doesn't sound fair and we'll discuss it. However, when donating crafting components, make sure you separate each one by name and color so I know how many points to give.
Prad'ale'kleoni
Prad'ale'kleoni

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down