The Black Hand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Rules

+5
N'Kita
Shigure and others
Ark'anas
Prad'ale'kleoni
Jamir
9 posters

Go down

Guild Rules Empty Guild Rules

Post  Jamir Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Guild Rules

1. All members must be 18 years of age or older as of the date they are recruited.
2. When a member joins the Black Hand, they have a week to register on the guild's forum and post in this thread that they have read and understand the guild rules. By doing so they agree to follow the rules.
3. The Black Hand uses a three strike warning system. You get two warnings, and the third infraction will cause you to be removed from the guild.
4. Respect all members both IC and OOC. We encourage differences in opinion, but remember the age-old rule. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
5. We don't mind helping out new players with advice or gear, but remember that it is better to give than to receive. If you constantly ask for things from guildmates without giving back, expect to be talked to.

In-Character Guild Rules

1. The Black Hand is a military guild and as such, military guidelines will be observed.
2. When doing RP in public settings, proper grammar and punctuation should be used. Make use of the emote system with /e and /say. And remember, everything you do in public view in character directly reflects on the guild.
3. During guild meetings, proper decorum must be observed.
4. Give the proper respect to anyone with a higher rank than your character. If you choose to be disrespectful, there will be ramifications in character.
Jamir
Jamir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guild Rules Empty Re: Guild Rules

Post  Jamir Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:06 pm

I have read and understand the rules.
Jamir
Jamir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guild Rules Empty Roger that

Post  Prad'ale'kleoni Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Prad'ale'kleoni
Prad'ale'kleoni

Back to top Go down

Post  Ark'anas Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:46 pm

I've read and understand the rules.

Nicely written Jamir. Smile
Ark'anas
Ark'anas

http://onewingedwolf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shigure and others Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:14 pm

I have to wonder, though. What if we've got a character who's just inherently disrespectful of authority? Or one who's evil and arrogant and really racist (as in, everyone who's not a Sith Pureblood is a lesser being)? Also, what exactly is meant by military guidelines? None of my characters so far on this server are military. (I don't really count Sith who don't want to be Sith as military.) And my Inquisitor only respects Sith. (Sorry, I've never been in an RP guild before, so I'm not really sure how we reconcile such characters with IC guild conduct.)
Shigure and others
Shigure and others

Back to top Go down

Guild Rules Empty Re: Shigure

Post  N'Kita Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:20 pm

I think those type of character traits are acceptable, but they should still (begrudgingly) follow orders. I think of it like the way I play my sith inq. She is a total sarcastic bitch in convos, but she still carries out the mission. You can make comments/ emote eye rolls but you should still be able to sit through a promotion now and then. Basically, I think Jamir just meant that we respect the guild's structure in RP. We've had problems in the past with Sith characters never shutting up during meetings so we can get stuff done.

Oh yeah, and I read the rules Smile
N'Kita
N'Kita

Back to top Go down

Post  Shigure and others Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:19 am

Ah, okay. I imagine there'd be a lot of characters like that, especially on Imp side.
Shigure and others
Shigure and others

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamir Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:08 am

Basically what N'kita said. Even Sith know what it is like to be low ranking and go through trials and whatnot to get to a higher rank. This is the same thing, but their bad-assery has no pull.

All of our characters in this guild have their own awesome points. All of them, no matter their level or rank. But part of being a roleplaying guild is working together as a team. And if someone is being disruptive during a meeting or constantly 'talking' over other people, that isn't fair. Not to the characters or to the players.
Jamir
Jamir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shigure and others Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Oh sure, it would be. I don't tend to play loudmouth characters, though, so at least that aspect's not a problem for me. Wink
Shigure and others
Shigure and others

Back to top Go down

Post  Tophia Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Toph has read and agreed to the rules
Tophia
Tophia
Admin

https://theblackhandguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down